events and experiences.
15 July 2023
The Feast of the Redeemer is among the most heartfelt festivities for Venetians, in which the religious and spectacular aspects coexist. On the night of Saturday, fireworks attract thousands of visitors: plays of light and reflections on the inimitable stage of St. Mark's Basin trace a kaleidoscope of colors that stand out behind the city's spires, domes and bell towers.
It is an occasion to commemorate the end of the terrible plague epidemic that struck Venice between 1575 and 1577. The Redentore, the "famosissima" night as Venetians colloquially call it, is an integral part of the customs of the inhabitants of the lagoon city who continue to renew, even today, the gastronomic traditions, folklore and festivities handed down from their ancestors that have made, over the years, this "Venetianissima" festival also known internationally as well as one of the city's biggest tourist attractions.
PROGRAM IN VENICE
Opening of the votive bridge connecting Zattere with the Church of the Redeemer on Giudecca Island - from 8 p.m. Friday, July 14 until midnight Sunday, July 16.
- Fireworks display in St. Mark's Basin - Saturday, July 15, from 11:30 p.m. in St. Mark's Basin
- Regattas of the Redeemer in Giudecca Canal - Sunday, July 16
- 4 p.m. Regatta of the very young on 2-oar pupparini
- 4:45 p.m. Regatta on 2-oared pupparini
- 5:30 p.m. Regatta on gondolas with 2 oars
- Votive Mass at the Church of the Redeemer on Giudecca Island, Sunday, July 16, 7 p.m.click for event link
The hotel is located less than five minutes by walk from the public water transportation service, with uninterrupted runs, both day and night, connecting the Lido to Venice St. Mark's Square.